This specially designed room combines a range of stimuli to help children develop and engage their senses. Boasting twinkling lights, a bubble tube and fibre optics, soothing sounds, aromas and scents and a number of soft cushions, the sensory room encourages quiet, relaxation time for babies and children
Sensory Rooms can help those who have learning difficulties, developmental disabilities or sensory impairments learn to interact with the world around them, but in a safe environment that builds up their confidence and their ability.
Our sensory room is a great place for children to escape to and unwind from the busy nursery room. This calm and tranquil space enables children to relax and let their exploratory minds evolve.
Some of our resources include:
- Different sized mirrors mounted on the wall low down for children to look into,
- Sensory bottles which are often made with the children, using old plastic bottle and filling with various items such as dried pasta, lentils, oil and water etc.
- Treasure baskets filled with different textured items such as fabrics, wooden objects, metal objects
- Specialist bubble tube and fibre optics
- Sound System with various CD to explore a range of sounds and rhythms
- Resources allowing children to explore colour and light e.g. Light table, mood lamps, torches, lava lamp
Contact us for more info…
To book an appointment to view our nursery, or to ask us a question just fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.